Sr. Accountant (CBD/Hemp)
- - Accounting / Finance
- Westminster, CO, USA
- Full Time
- Robust benefits offering, 10 paid holidays, 3+ weeks PTO, work/life balance, product discounts and growth opportunity!
Elixinol is a Colorado based CBD company seeking the best and the brightest employees in the industry; with deep roots in the hemp industry, Elixinol has been manufacturing and providing the highest-quality CBD hemp extracts in the world since its inception in 2014. We are currently seeking high quality, highly motivated individuals to join our corporate team.
Elixinol is seeking a Sr Accountant to work out of our corporate office location in the Westminster area. The Sr Accountant will report directly to the Controller, responsible for full-cycle accounting, month-end close, invoice review & analysis, and support accounting department with management of vendor relationships, as well as support finance engagements with ad hoc projects, among other responsibilities.
The Sr Accountant will report directly to the Controller, responsible for performing various accounting functions including but not limited to month-end closing procedures, journal entries, account and budget analysis, preparation and maintenance of fixed asset and intangible schedules, and account reconciliations in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial information provided to management. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in both accounting and finance functions.
• Continued management of revenue processing ensuring accurate posting
• Responsible for preparation and analysis of general monthly accruals including both recurring and one-time operational expenses.
• Record and review inter-company transactions and accounting relationships between operating entities.
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial information provided to management and financial reporting.
• Responsible for timely monthly balance sheet reconciliations and account analysis for responsibility areas
• Month-end closing process, including journal entries, account analysis and preparation of the periodic management discussion and analysis.
• Banking responsibilities including but not limited to wire set up, check printing and monthly reconciliation.
• Commission calculation and communication with the sales staff.
• Assist in the development and compliance of accounting procedures, systems and practices.
• Propose and implement process improvements for areas of responsibility.
• Ad Hoc reporting for management, marketing, and operations.
• Assist with year-end audit.
• Special projects as needed.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 3-4+ years of accounting work experience
• Public Accounting and/or restaurant industry experience a plus
• Knowledge of US GAAP, including prepaid, fixed assets and accrual accounting
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
• Team player with a willingness to help where needed
• Strong time management skills and deadline oriented. Flexibility to work extra hours during peak periods
• Must be a self-starter, be well-organized, and have strong work ethics
• Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic, high-growth environment, including but not limited to handling multiple tasks at one time and changing priorities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning, and execution
• Experience with building complex reconciliations
• Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
Standard office: Sitting, typing, speaking, answering phones, communicating with others, standing, bending, walking, light lifting, and occasional driving required.
Work is performed primarily indoors. Employee will be in contact with chemicals (i.e., toner for copier and facsimile machines), and materials (i.e., paper) normally found at offices. Employee will also be exposed to minimal noise and vibration.
Vision and Hearing:
Must be able to clearly see the computer monitor with or without corrected vision. Must be able to judge or distinguish distance and space relationships.
Must be able to hear within a normal range with or without a hearing device.
Work Hours: Normal business hours, flexible scheduling. Occasional overtime required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000-$85,000/year, DOE
• Bachelor's (Required)
• CPA Preferred
• United States (Required)
Excellent benefits package, eligible upon hire, including 10 paid holidays, 3+ weeks of PTO, sick time, health insurance, company-paid life insurance, product discounts - excellent overall benefits package.
This document describes the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job classification. This document is not, however, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. Elixinol reserves the right to add, revise, or delete job duties at any time.
Elixinol is both Equal Opportunity, and At Will employer. The company does not discriminate on basis of race, age, sex, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. Either Company or Employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any legally permissible reason. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates/employees
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts